After ten years of providing vision therapy and neurovision rehabilitation to patients in Albany, Corvallis, and surrounding areas, River View Family Eyecare is excited to announce that it is expanding its vision therapy services to Eugene! Members of the College Optometrists in Vision Development, Dr. Stephanie Emmert and Dr. Aaron Salzano are collaborating with Eugene practitioners to better serve the visual needs of their patients.
- A progressive program of vision procedures
- Performed under doctor supervision
- Individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient
- Generally conducted in-office, in once or twice weekly sessions of 30 minutes to an hour
- Occasionally supplemented with procedures done at home between office visits
Using cutting edge technology, River View Family Eyecare at The Oregon Vision Development Center trains and improves visual function such as:
- Fixation stability
- Eye-hand coordination
- Visual reaction time
- Speed and span of recognition
- Contrast sensitivity
- Visual and auditory sequencing
Vision therapy uses:
- Therapeutic lenses
- Occluders or patches
- Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
- Balance boards
- A variety of special tools designed for specific and unique vision therapy activities
Vision therapy has also shown to be effective in patients with the following conditions:
- Visual field loss
- Visual-spatial neglect
- Visual-vestibular integration problems
- Rhythm, reading, and math problems
Learning related vision disorders can sometimes be misdiagnosed as a learning disability. Most children are not receiving a vision evaluation prior to these diagnoses being made. Visual perception is how the brain processes and interprets visual information being gathered by the eyes. Poor visual perceptual skills can greatly affect learning and can sometimes look like dyslexia or other learning disorders.
About River View Family Eyecare
At River View Family Eyecare patients receive: Peace of mind with a personalized treatment plan to see more clearly. Individualized attention without feeling like just another dollar sign or number. Customized solutions to complex vision problems. Confidence that they work hard to improve each customer’s quality of life.
They are just as passionate about beautiful, high-quality eyewear and look forward to sharing their curated collection.
Contact River View Family Eyecare for an evaluation today!
River View Family Eyecare
Dr. Stephanie Emmert, Optometrist
609 NW Hickory St. Suite 160